When a news anchor reports someone being bitten, it’s not always zombies
To be cool in high school you must have a car Product placement is important in Hollywood
The dialogue was weak at times
Twilight “vampires” are not real vampires
Nerds secrete “nerd juice”
Vampires don’t get manicures
“Pluck that” is the new “tap that”
Vampires are always playing mind games with you (like the candarian demons in the Evil Dead movies)
Leather doesn’t breathe
Jerry is an awful name for a vampire The jury is still out on whether or not you can kill a vampire with a very garlic-y omelet
Like in all horror movies, you never assume the killer is gone/dead
Locking your car door won’t keep a vampire out
The main character has two freckles on his neck that look like vampire bites, but don’t let them confuse you
Keep glasses of holy water around if vampires are a threat; if the threat is aliens, plain water will do
People in clubs suck
Peter Vincent is Harry Potter— he’s the boy who lived and has his mother’s eyes
Vampires, like zombies, are usually more trouble when they’re on fire
IT’S A TRAP!
David Tennant always wanted to be (have) a ginger
Again, like all horror movies, bad things happen to teens who want to have sex
Green apples can be eaten menacingly or while brooding
The title sequences were really cool and 30 Days of Night-esque
This movie was made for the David Tennant fangirls (and boys— basically all whovians)
Fright Night is welcoming at least
As Wil Wheaton says, don’t be a dick
This movie was made for 3D
From the Previews: All the movies coming out have one super attractive and successful male lead Real Steel, Battleship… guys, you’ll never be able to make a board game movie as good as Clue the Movie
This movie was pretty much exactly what I wanted it to be. I didn’t expect it to be prefect (and it wasn’t, with the dialogue and 3D gags) but I was really fun to watch. If you haven’t seen it yet, I would suggest you do, especially if you’re a whovian.
3. Be prepared for an aftershock. You might feel it, you might not.
4. The news is going to cover this forever and freak you out. Don’t buy into the hype.
5. But because everyone else might buy into the hype, it might not be a bad idea to go get yourself some bottled water, batteries, a good flashlight, and some energy bars.
6. But you should have all that anyway. Especially you, New Yorkers!
7. Refrain from a new status message every .5 seconds, unless FB is the only way your family can contact you (it’s not).
8. Pat yourself on the back. You no longer have to interrogate your west coast friends, “But what does it feeeeel like?”
9. Your landlord should check your gas. That’s usually the biggest danger. I might refrain from turning on your oven tonight. Especially if you live in a 6th Fl East Village walk-up which you know doesn’t obey building codes, but rent is cheap. Not that I ever lived in a place like that.
10. God is not punishing New York for legalizing Gay Marriage. Don’t even.